Tuesday, January 27, 2009

School Board meeting

Well. If you ever want to die of boredom, sit in on a School Board meeting.

No, really though. Parts of it, I admit, were less than enrapturing. But there was plenty that was interesting. The biggest plus to having attended this meeting, though, is that now I will be an informed voter. I saw the trustees in action, and now know which ones I tend to agree with, and which I - um - do not.

So despite the boredom factor, I would actually recommend anyone who has a vote, just mosey on down there some night, sometime before the next election. As a spectator, you can leave when you've had your fill - but I think it's good to know how the trustees think.

On the down side - man, that was my Monday night, night off! Sheesh. So instead of lively conversation over a cup of coffee, I had quiet attendance at a meeting. Will I go again? Not unless something very important brings me there.

2 comments:

April said...

Well, it was a school "bored" meeting. ;-)

Cheryl Fines said...

Heh heh ... yup.